Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Middle name

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Guest 's Avatar

    Middle name

    Ok this was on the radio. If you had a daugther would you give her your last name as her middle name, a man wanted to do this so his daughter to be, would always have the families last name.
    To me i think it could be fun or totally embrassing.
    About like Johnny Cash singing about a man naming his son Sue.
    What's your opinion?
    I just can't see some last names being your middle name. Some combinations well, think about it..... [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member one1one's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 9th, 2005
    Posts
    808
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Middle name

    well i woudn't name them that, i could see every1 in school making of them, i dont think that would be right.
    [b] "The One and Only"[/b]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Craes's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2005
    Posts
    1,212
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Middle name

    so would they have the same names like Betty Johnson Johnson, that would be stupid!!

    Personally I made the choice to drop my last name, but my mother made the choice to use her maiden name as her middle name, a woman has a choice when she marries, I think it should be up to her.
    I was married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury.

  4. #4
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Middle name

    Basically the father wants to have the same name for the child that is the last name of his. To me it makes no sense at all.
    Other than his ego.
    I thought it was kind of funny at first, but in all seriousness, it's not if you think about it.
    But oddly 2 in 4 seem to agree with him? Go figure.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Craes's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2005
    Posts
    1,212
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Middle name

    What I can't figure is what does it matter? I mean some people don't want the family line last name whatever to die out but even if he does give her that middle name if they have kids the last name of the kids would be that of her husband (traditionally) so he is only prolonging that name for one generation.
    I was married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury.

  6. #6
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Middle name

    That is what one other woman pointed out on the call in part of the radio show. It was a bit hilarious when people started putting names together.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Craes's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2005
    Posts
    1,212
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Middle name

    I would say so I would have killed my parents I think lol
    I was married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •